Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- I.N.C. International Concepts Women's Printed Sheath Dress
- Karen Kane Womens Sleeveless Printed Maxi Dress
- Lingyuansale Spring d Autumn Scarf, Shawl, Christmas Cloak, Turtleneck plaid sweater, plaid cloak, shawl Soft Women Scarf
- Miaolian Women's Strapless Tulle High Low Prom Dresses L2001
- NIKE Women's Dry 10K Running Top
- Pleated Lantern Sleeve Crop Shirt Solid Mock Neck Women's Crop Top Blouse
- Rip Curl Women's Surf Session CapSleeve Rashguard
- Snow Lotus Women's LongSleeved VNeck Velvet Dress Ball Gown
- Summer sexy ladies shortsleeved pajamas home service suit ( color Pink , Size L )
- Triumph Modern Finesse Spacer Cup Bra (54414)
- Weiwei Women's Silk Scarves Scarf Shawl Unisex 110cm110cm
- 100 PCS Keyrings Keychains Key Ring Chains Tags Jewelry Findings Clasps Buckles Supplies A8WU3 pink
- Altra Women's Stashjack Windbreaker Fullback, Black, Small
- XQS Womens Wool Blend Lapel Hepburn 2 Buttons Mid Long Trench Coat
- BCBGeneration Womens Feather Weave Floppy Hat Hat
- bluee Sunset Plus Size Black Leggings
- CJ Apparel Solid color Design 100% High Grade Wool 2 Ply Shawl Pashmina Scarf NEW
- Dickies Xtreme Stretch Women's Mock Wrap Solid Scrub Top XxLarge White
- Ellystar Women's Beaded Strapless Long with Sleeveless Satin Zipper Prom Dresses
- Gildan Womens 6.1 oz. Ultra Cotton TShirt (G200L) PURPLE 2XL12PK
- IANXI Home Autumn and Winter Women's Cotton Pajamas LongSleeved Trousers Casual Girls can wear Home Service Suits (Size L)
- Karen Kane Womens Stripe Fit & Flare Dress Dress
- Linmatealliance Watersports Swimming Clothes Sexy Women Solid Swimwear One Shoulder Halter One Piece Retro Beach Suits, Size S(Black)
- Maggy London Womens Daisy Bloom Scuba Sheath Dress
- Mystic Multi colord Exclusive Designer Saree
- Pajamas Lace Pajamas Velvet Pajamas Velvet Pajamas Twopiece Set Sexy Pajamas Long Sleeve Pajamas Pajamas Autumn Winter Pajamas Homewear(pink，wine，red，green，navy bluee) ( color E )
- Rachel Roy Sleeveless High Neck colorblock Dress bluee Size 4
- Seafolly Womens Active Strappy D Cup Triangle Bikini Top Swimsuit Bikini Top
- Susa Topsy Black Non Wired Bra 9763
- Indian Handicrfats Export Women Rajasthani Black Cotton Long Skirt (Black)(SMSKT590)
- Aiblii Polarized Oval Sunglasses Women 100 UV Predection Sun Glasses for Ladies
- BCBGeneration Womens Front Slit Maxi Skirt Skirt
- bluee Tassel Genuine Leather Handbags Women Big Female Ladies Shoulder Messenger Bags Silver gold bluee Bronze
- UBORSE Women Sequins Clutch Evening Bags Beaded Shining Wedding Cocktail Party Purse
- White Women's Genuine Leather Handbags Chain Lady Shoulder Bag By JiYe
- Yelete The Malibu Fashion Leg Wear
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.