Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- I.N.C. International Concepts Women's Printed Sheath Dress
- Karen Kane Womens Sleeveless Printed Maxi Dress
- Lingyuansale Spring d Autumn Scarf, Shawl, Christmas Cloak, Turtleneck plaid sweater, plaid cloak, shawl Soft Women Scarf
- Miaolian Women's Strapless Tulle High Low Prom Dresses L2001
- NIKE Women's Dry 10K Running Top
- Pleated Lantern Sleeve Crop Shirt Solid Mock Neck Women's Crop Top Blouse
- Rip Curl Women's Surf Session CapSleeve Rashguard
- Snow Lotus Women's LongSleeved VNeck Velvet Dress Ball Gown
- Sun Predection Shawl Beach Towel Large Travel Silk Scarf 245CM110Cm
- Ultraslim leather Travel Card Holder Case, Minimalist Travel Wallet For Credit Cards & More
- Widfox My Yoga Baggy Beach Jumper
- 100 Pieces Fashion Jewelry Keyring Keychain Door Car Key Tag Ring Chain Supplier Supply Wholesale Bulk Lots L4MQ7 Streetlight Lamppost
- American Eskimo Print Women's Bath Robe
- Xswsy XGCA Women DoubleBreasted Stylish Suede Big Pendulum Lapel Belted Trench Coat
- Bassin and Brown Womens Royle Horizontal Striped Scarf Beige Fawn
- bluee Huasen Evening Bag Women Wallet Oil Waxed Cowhide Leather RFID Blocking Large Capacity Luxury Purse Clutch Wallet Muti Card Slot Perfect for Female Gift Party Handbag (color Red)
- Chocolate Pickle New Womens Cowl Neck Mocha Jumpsuit
- Desolateness Women's Stylish 3 4 Sleeves Round Neck ALine Tunic Dresses Tops
- Enza Costa Womens Rib Muscle Tank Dress Casual Dress
- Gloria Vanderbilt Women's Classic Tapered Amanda Jean, Black Rinse Wash Vine Embroidery, 6
- ILSE JACOBSEN Women's WaterResistant Rain Jacket with Hood
- Keef Pond Camo Burton Women's GoreTex DayLite Rain Jacket, Everglade Pond Camo, Large
- Liyuke Ball Gown VNeck Prom Dresses Sequin Top Evening Dress High Waist Formal Gowns
- MANDAVA Genuine Leather Women's Mini Side Bag Satchel Sling Shoulder Bag Ladies Handbag (Sky bluee
- Natori Women's Shangrila Solid Knit Gown
- Passat Short Evening Dress Beaded Sweetheart
- Ralph Lauren Womens Cropped Wide Leg Jeans Dkindigo 32X24
- Sexy Sleeveless VNeck Dress Women Ladies Skinny Button Mini Dressly Summer Vestidos
- Symptor Women's Sexy Tie Knot Front V Neck Cut Out Long Sleeve Jumpsuit Bodysuit
- 100 PCS Keyrings Keychains Key Ring Chains Tags Jewelry Findings Clasps Buckles Supplies A2LE0 Leaves
- Altra Performance Half Zip Women's Black Small
- Beige MINKPINK Womens Burnt by You Sweater Cardigan Sweater
- Brooks Bredhers Womens Down Filled Faux Fur Puffer Coat Jacket Red
- VELJIE Women's Classy 1950s Vintage Rockabilly Swing Dress
- Women Floral Print Long Sleeve V Neck Back Cut Out Tent Dress
- YY4 Women's Sexy Crew Neck Long Sleeve Plus Ruffle Dress
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.