Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- 1520brown Women's Large Capacity Canvas Bag Tote Bag Handbag Convenient Hobo Bag (15191520)
- Angels Forever Young Womens Curvy Bermuda Shorts Jeans
- Shapewear for Women High Waist Control Panties Body Shaper Briefs Tummy Shaping Waist Girdle
- Tahari ASL Womens Faux Fur Wrap Beige XL
- VIGOSS Girl's The Jagger Weekend Ready Super Stretch Skinny Denim Jeans
- Women Sleep & Lounge OnePiece Pajamas Pajamas Pink Casual Bathrobe Home Autumn and Winter Knit Home Service Pajamas Long Laced Embroidered Nightgown Women (color Pink, Size One Size)
- Zimase Women's Windproof Leather Skinny Motorcycle Trench Jacket
- Beautiful Sterling silver 925 sterling Sterling Silver CZ Tennis Bracelet 7.5
- BOLLYWOOD DESIGNER NEW LAUNCH SALWAR KAMEEZ GOWN LONG HEAVY WEDDING CEREMONY PARTY WEAR BY ETHNIC EMPORIUM
- CHX Muffler Winter Houndstooth Wool Scarf Ladies Shawl Dualuse Long Thick Warm V (color B)
- Desigual Woman Short Dress Vest Mineral 19swvk33
- Fadcloset Womens Large Brown Two Button Leather Coat
- Gatsbylady london Annette Vintage Inspired Fringe Flapper Dress in bluee Grey
- HTOOHTOOH Women's Overcoats Wool and Warm Travel Safari Walker Pea Coat
- Just Live Alexa Running Jacket Women Yoga and Workout Full Zip Lightweight Jacket with Zipper Pockets and Thumb Holes
- LE TEMPS DES CERISES Jean JF402BASIC LTC
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.