Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Michealboy Women's Thickened Puffer Down Jacket Long Fur Collar Warm Coat
- Nike Women's League Practice Shorts
- Plenty Womens Embr Kurta Blouse
- Ripe Womens Chantilly Nursing Dress Elbow Nursing Dress
- Snow Lotus Women's TwoPiece Tight Mini Cocktail Dresses
- Speedo Womens Fit Laneback One Piece Bathing Suit
- Tribal Womens S S Top W Embroidery Shirt
- Weddinglee Wedding Dresses 2017 for Bride Lace Double VNeck Plus Size
- MBSDDH Dress Fashion Women Off Shoulder Floral Beach Casual Evening Party Short Mini Dress
- Aixy Women's Lace Halter Monokini Retro Crochet Deep Plunge Floral Backless One Piece Swimsuit Bathing Suit(FBA)
- Women's Wallet Men's and Women's Leather Zipper Clutch Long Unisex Wallet Wallet Splicing Large Capacity Wallet (color Brown)
- Bali Womens Double Support Spa Closure WireFree Bra
- Blevla Women's Sweetheart Pleated Bridesmaid Dress Short Prom Dress Homecoming Gowns
- Charter Club Womens Faux Wrap Dress
- Desigual Woman Leggings Legging nala 19swkk06
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
World War Two
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.