Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
Belle House Women's Strapless Prom Dress Long Sweetheart Detachable Train Evening Gowns Mermaid Dresses for Women Formal
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- Perfect house Swimwear Women, Printed Halter Neck Flower high Waist TwoPiece Swimsuit with Padded Bra, Yellow Sexy Bikini, Nylon Fashion (color Yellow Flower, Size XL)
- Red JAEDEN Prom Dresses Long Evening Gowns Formal V Neck Prom Dress Sleeveless Evening Dresses Party Gown with Pocket
- Sidefeel Women Push Up Bikini Set Swimsuit Print Two Pieces Swimwear
- Tatotem Toally, Women’s Tote, Black (black (Black)), 14.0x28.0x32.0 cm (B x H T)
- TiaKudy Panic at The Disco Woen's Jersey Training Jogger Pants
- Vogholic Women's Fashion Zip Closure Fitted Moto Leather Jacket
- 1 6 Carat DIAMOND KEY EARRINGS
- Xenia Design Women's Scoop Neck Jersey Caro Dress Black
- AGUA BENDITA BENDITO MARIblack SHORT
- Beautiful Yellow gold 14K Yellowgold 14k Polished 2.5mm Lightweight Tube Hoop Earrings
- BOZEVON Radiation Maternity Dress Metal Fiber Radiation Suit Vest Clothing
- Casual Moments Women's 51 Inch Shawl Collar Wrap with Setin Belt
- Dearta Women's ALine Strapless Short Mini Organza Wedding Dresses
- Esprit Women's Women's Black Midi Dress Viscose
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.