Why were there no printing presses in the Middle East until four centuries after Europe? Did it have to do with religion orr is the answer more complicated?
Some thought Samuel Adams to be little more than a demagogue, while others considered him one of the more important actors in the War for Independence.
The Founding Founders pledged their lives, fortunes, and honor for the cause of liberty and independence, but how much about them is myth vs. fact?
- GoodSexjoy Hooded Long Faux Fur Jacket Women Coat Casual Streetwear Long Sleeve Ladies Winter Coats
- Indian Ethnic Royal Silk Saree And Blouse Designer Collection Women Stylish Party Wear 7284
- KEVIN POOLE Women Yoga Pants High Waist Leggings Digital Printing Apply (color HK86, Size S)
- London Times Women's Petite Beaded Neck Long Sleeve Midi Length Dress
- Mint Sophie Women's Deep V Neck Spaghetti Straps High Slit Prom Dresses Long Satin Formal Party Evening Gowns S124
- Nuoma Long Sleeve Women Elegant Party Dresses Solid color Swing
- Oliver Peoples 5004 Riley R Eyeglasses 1005 Black with Clear Demo Lenses 45 mm
- Purple MorySong Women Strapless Beading Pocket Prom Dress Satin Long Evening Party Gown
- Scully Womens Nonie HighLow Tank Top
- Super explosion Women's VNeck Down Knitwear Long Sleeve Soft Basic Knit Snap Cardigan Sweater with Pockets
- Tracksuits High Waist Body Shaping Tight Yoga Sports Casual Trousers Women Outdoor Training Black high Elastic Hip Compression Elastic wear QuickDrying Wicking Breathable Leggings
- Wathet ZPSPZ skirt HalfLength Skirt, Pleated Double Pockets, Plain colord Pendulum Skirt and HalfLength Skirt
- Women's Wool Felt Felfry Hat, Satin Rim Around, Grey
- 1 WSPLYSPJY Women's Hooded Warm Coats Parkas Faux Fur Jackets Coat
- Almost Famous Juniors' Applique Studded Denim Jacket
- Bebe Womens Triple Strap 3 4 Sleeve Top
- BridalAffair Women's Pink High Neck Mermaid Prom Dress Exposed Waist Sexy Long Sleeve Applique Evening Gowns
- Chala Patch Crossbody GREY ELEPHANT Bag Canvas Messenger Sand Beige Coin Purse
- DEFEW Women's Large Size Long Cardigan Bikini Blouse Beach Sun Predection Clothing Swimsuit Cover up Kimono
- Europe and The United States High Waist Ladies Swimsuit Bikini Split Bikini, XXL (color , Size )
- Gore Sunlight 4.0 Women's Running Vest
- Indian Handicrfats Export Beauteous Black Cotton Printed Skirt
- Joules Womens pink Jersey Midi Dress
- Leright Women's Low Back Bra Sheer Plunge Wireless Triangle Congreenible Bra
- MATCHANT Spring and Summer Silk Big Square Scarf Classic Chain Silk Scarf, 90x90CM (color orange, Size 86x86CM)
- Navy1 Floerns Women's Short Sleeve Gingham Bodycon Business Pencil Dress
- PERHAPS U Womens Washed Denim Jacket Patches Oversize Boyfriend Ripped Jean Jacket Long Sleeve Pockets Hole
- Red Karen Kane Womens TieSleeve Top
History on the Net: Research All Of History. From Ancient Mesopotamia to the Cold War
History on the Net features articles and podcast episodes on everything from Ancient Near East civilizations to 20th century global warfare. Topics covered include military history, diplomacy, everyday life, biographies, and schematics of fortifications—whether you’re looking for a medieval castle or World War I trench.
We also host the History Unplugged Podcast, the only show that dedicates episodes to both interviewing history experts and answering questions from its audience. First it features long-form interviews with best-selling authors who have written about everything from World War II generals who flew with airmen on bombing raids to presidents who gave their best speeches while drunk. Second, it features a call-in show where you can ask our resident historian (Scott Rank, PhD) absolutely anything (What was it like to be a Turkish sultan with 4 wives and 12 concubines? If you were sent back in time, how would you kill Hitler?).
Check out our article categories below to learn more.
Our History Podcast
World War One
About the Editor
Scott Michael Rank, Ph.D., is the editor of History on the Net and host of the History Unplugged podcast. A historian of the Ottoman Empire and modern Turkey, he is a publisher of popular history, a podcaster, and online course creator.